Hey guys! Today I’m going to be sharing with you some easy ways to have a good/better school year. I say good or better because honestly, I don’t know if you’re actually slaying school and you just want to be even better or if you like millions of other lost, hormonal teenagers worldwide are failing to live up to the standards imposed upon you by society. Honestly, I don’t even know what I’m doing. I don’t even go to “normal” school, so this is from my perspective looking back on the confusing five years of my life know as “High School”.
Basically, I went to a really small school. Which is quite common due to the size and population of the island that I live on. Being in a small school means everyone basically knows who you are.I don’t know if it’s just me, but I’ve always wanted to have the experience of going to a big school, with thousands of people. I guess I’ll have that opportunity in University but living in such a small place, I can’t help but imagine how life would be different.
Here are some ways that will hopefully help you have an awesome school year.
1. Ok, so I could bore you to death with the cliché statement of be yourself and be who you are and so on, we’ve heard it all a million times. But, this could honestly not be more true. For my first tip, I’m going to say just be yourself, but I’m also going to add to that by saying not to let what people say affect who you are. You don’t need to change to please anyone you guys are the some of the most lovely, caring, beautiful people in the world (I know this from all your wonderful comments, I read them all! You guys are awesome ❤️). Never let anyone tell you otherwise.
2. My second tip would be to learn how to take criticism.This kind of goes with the first one, but instead of ignoring criticism I want you to learn how to take “constructive” criticism. I’m totally emphasizing the constructive part because you should only be listening to people who want you to be better. Whether it’s from your teachers, parents or friends, it’s something you should think about because these are people who are trying to help you. In other words shut out the negative comments but use the helpful ones to make yourself even awesomer…. (If that’s possible). Did I mentioned you guys are great?😉
3.My third idea is to write about your life, problems, anything that basically happens in your school day – by this I definitely do not mean on Twitter for the world to see. (Tumblr’s way better anyways 😉) Writing is something that has literally helped me so much in the past year. It’s something that I really enjoy. It’s an easy way to relax and de-stress after a long day. I wish that I had kept journals in high school. It’s always fun to document stages in your life, in a diary, songs, poems you name it. It’ll be cool to look back on in a couple of years and it’s a hobby that I’ll most likely have all my life.
4. Numero quarto is to listen to good music. Ok, ok, I can here to critics now. I know that my taste in good music may be different to a lot of people nowadays. I get, 90’s Alternative Rock isn’t for everyone. No, but seriously, listening to music is a great way to relax. It can also be useful while studying and it can help stop you from falling asleep while reading books for English literature..guilty…I would recommend for studying listen to more chill music, for example indie bands like the XX or something with a mellow vibe like The Verve, Pink Floyd, Stone Temple Pilots (certain songs) etc. instead of thrash/heavy metal just because of the loud background music and instruments can be a little distracting at times. I know, I know, I love Motörhead way more than the next guy, but this is a sacrifice that we have to make. Leave a comment it you would like for me to make a playlist of study music that I think would be appropriate. Also, a lot of people have been asking me about my taste in music so tell me if you would want to see a post solely dedicated to that. I’m literally listening to Black Sabbath right now, I should really start taking my own advice about calm music whilst working…
5. Ok, so if you go to one of those schools that only exist on TV where I come from, and you can wear whatever you want, just do that.Wear whatever you want (as long as you don’t have a dress code). If you have a dress code please follow that, but still try to express yourself and be who you are. Basically, just don’t be one of those people who obsess over what everyone else is wearing, god this isn’t fashion police, it’s freaking highschool. There are so many worse things to worry about, like failing and bullying and global warming… Anyways, if you really care about how you look, plan your outfits the night before, it saves you a ton of time in the morning.If you have a school uniform, rejoice – it’s a blessing and a curse. For lazy people like myself, I’ll count that as a blessing.
6. The sixth thing that I think that you can do is eat healthy. I think this is completely obvious but it’s also really helpful if you want to be healthy. Have a good breakfast every morning.Make something delicious and healthy that will give you energy for the rest of the day.So I’m a pescatarian, so the only meat that I eat is seafood, which works because I live on an island. You guys can totally do that, but you don’t have to.It’s super easy to maintain a “normal” diet and still be healthy. Make sure you eat lots of fruit and vegetables and drink lots of water. Have everything in moderation and maintain a balanced diet. You’re not fat. Stop trying to lose weight, just love yourself.
7.Prioritize your life. You’re in highschool, you’re young and hormonal. Life is weird, everything’s changing.Just remember, fun is good and all. Fun is great! Just make sure that you’re still handing in all your work and you still have your life under control. I don’t know, but it just seems so easy to spiral out of control in self destruct at this time, which is really suckish. Just remember what’s important and just be yourself, don’t let anything change you.
8. I’ve said this a million times and you’re probably tired of hearing it, but just be yourself and love who you are! It’s okay to be weird, and awkward, lonely, shy, scared, quirky, childish…I’m every single one of those thing! Don’t try to fit in, it’s ok to just be yourself. No-one can ever be you so don’t try to be someone you’re not. Just love yourself and find people who will love how weird you are. Besides, normal is over rated, awkward and weird is what’s in season. Oh yeah, and those people I was just talking about, you know, the ones who love your weirdness…take care of them.You only find such special people once in a lifetime!
Highschool is crazy, it’s a weird time. It’s a special time. Embrace it!